‘School Analytics Assessment’ is a simple assessment system for primary schools
School Analytics is a system of marksheets that provides an easy way of recording pupil assessment. It links to the SIMS Programme of Study marksheets to help school analyse the top-level data. It can also be used ‘stand-alone’ to provide a simple, no-fuss summative assessment system.
Emerging, developing, secure
Ofsted’s new approach to internal assessment doesn’t mean that schools shouldn’t record internal assessments. Most schools will continue to collect internal tracking data for senior leaders, external partners and governors. But it does mean that schools can focus on providing the best assessment system for their own pupils, rather than worrying about Ofsted.
Integrated with SIMS
School Analytics doesn’t just integrate with SIMS, it is built with SIMS Assessment Manager – so there are no data uploads or downloads and your data is always up to date.
Many schools don’t get the most out of their investment in SIMS. In particular, they don’t fully utilise Assessment Manager. School Analytics is a quick to set up, ‘out of the box’ solution for schools that want to get more value from one of the most powerful school improvement tools you already have. The basic system costs just £295 and there are no annual charges.
Watch this video demo
See how simple it is. Watch this short demo of the system:
- School Analytics works within SIMS to provide each teacher with a set of marksheets for their classes.
- Class teachers can easily analyse their own data as soon as it is entered and take ownership of their data
- Show contextual data to give a wider picture of pupil vulnerabilities – because multiple factors can affect attainment.
- Builds on teachers’ existing familiarity with SIMS – most teachers don’t need re-training and already have access
- Integrated – if teachers already take the register in SIMS they are one click away from the School Analytics marksheets – no extra passwords or software to install.
Comprehensive analysis using Power BI
The advanced version of School Analytics Assessment makes full use of new Power BI analysis.
For Senior Managers
- Keep your data within the secure SIMS environment – no need to upload and download data.
- Integrates with other SIMS modules – attendance, behaviour, interventions and core pupil data are just a click away.
- Widely known and respected – SIMS is the most used pupil database in England and Wales with a massive user base of over 21,000 schools.
What it does
School Analytics provides a pre-configured set of marksheets, group analyses, tracking grids and SIMS Discover graphs that work straight ‘out of the box’:
- No need for your staff to spend days configuring the system
- Integrates with Capita’s Programme of Study marksheets (but can be used as a stand-alone system).
- Summative (whole subject, end of term or half term)
- Based on age-related expectations: Emerging, developing, secured, mastered or greater depth
- Uses colours to highlight under-performance
- Highlights progress made by individual pupils over the course of a year
- Enter data termly or half termly – the choice is yours.
- Contains built-in analysis via SIMS assessment manager – so you get more out of SIMS by using the advanced analysis tools it provides.