ASSESSMENT MANAGER CONSULTANCY
I work with a lot of primary and secondary schools to give them a health check – making suggestions and showing techniques to help schools really use SIMS assessment effectively. In many cases just day or two of consultancy time can provide cost effective and immediately actionable suggestions for tweaking and optimising your school’s assessment system.
WORKING WITH LOCAL AUTHORITIES AND SCHOOLS
Over the last few years I’ve worked extensively with local authority SIMS support teams and with individual schools to provide extra, expert help with Assessment Manager, SIMS Discover and SIMS analysis grids. I’m happy to work directly for schools, cluster groups or LA support units.
READY MADE PRIMARY SCHOOL ASSESSMENT SYSTEMS
I offer an ‘off the shelf’ system for primary schools called School Analytics. It consists of a set of interrelated marksheets that allow schools to quickly set termly targets based on key stage results then track termly progress towards those targets. From £100 for a complete assessment system. Click here for more details
SYSTEM DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION
I can also design and create a full key stage system. Or I can help your school design the marksheets and deliver training ready for your staff to roll out a full system. From £350.
SIMS CONSULTANCY FOR ASSESSMENT MANAGER
I’m available to provide one-to-one SIMS consultancy and training sessions for your school. Here are some of the areas that you might want to consider for your SIMS consultancy session:
- Training for new members of staff
- Custom EYFS, KS1 and KS2 systems
- Creating marksheets to calculate Progress 8 and Attainment 8
- Implementing and customising the ‘KS4 Resources’.
- Moving to the new GCSE 1-8 and 1-9 grades
- Using Microsoft Power BI to analyse data
- Developing specific marksheets or keystage systems
- Whole-school systems
- Training senior management in analysis techniques using SIMS
- Training for classroom teachers
- Using the advanced analysis tools in Assessment Manager (group analysis, aspect analysis etc)
- Effective use of SIMS Discover
- Reporting to parents
Almost all system development work and one-to-one training can be delivered by a remote access link. I work with many schools in the UK and abroad to help staff in this way, sharing a screen and telephone connection. From £60.
I offer a full range of SIMS assessment courses and a general course for SIMS beginners at http://courses.simstraining.net. From £50.
From £175 for consultancy and training.
Contact me for more details.
For more information email me using the form below or telephone 07528 358827