SIMS + Power BI Overview Course
- Course details to be confirmed – add your name to the waiting list
- Understand the key concepts of Power BI
- Strategic overview for senior leaders and data staff
- Use the Power BI service to share data with your team
- Half day course at Bolton Arena, date TBC
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at data managers, business managers, SIMS coordinators and senior leaders in secondary or primary schools who want to have a clearer understanding of what benefits Power BI can bring to your school.
What you will learn from this course
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the difference between Poiwer BI desktop and Power BI service
- See how data from SIMS can be transformed by the Power Query Editor
- Have a clear strategy for implementing Power BI in your school
- Create a simple report and upload it to the Power BI service
Before you attend this course, you will need a basic understanding of SIMS and of Excel spreadsheets. If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
You will need to bring your own laptop with Power BI already installed. Laptops will not be supplied on the day. During the course you will develop your own Power BI report, on your own laptop, which you can take back to school and use. I’ll be demonstrating how to use SIMS Reports and sharing the CSV output files so that we can use them as test data during the day. At the end of the course I’ll be sharing a set of SIMS reports that you can import into your SIMS to re-create the CSV output files when you return.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay by invoice/purchase order?
Yes you can. Use the normal checkout and choose the option to pay by purchase order. Remember to email your purchase order to [email protected]
Can I pay by debit or credit card?
Yes you can, just click the ‘buy’ button on this page and use the online PayPal checkout.
What if I need to cancel?
Let me know at least 2 weeks before the course start date for a full refund.
What if I’m not happy with the course?
Contact me within 30 days of the end of the course for a full refund.
How long does the course last?
One full day, starting at 9.30 and finishing by 3.30