1. Privacy Statement
1.1 School Analytics Ltd trading as School Analytics Ltd (“School Analytics Ltd”, “us”, “we”, and the “Firm”) respect your right to privacy. At School Analytics Ltd, we look after your personal information carefully. We adhere strictly to the requirements of UK data protection law and, in accordance with current law, we are registered on the public register of data controllers which is looked after by the Information Commissioner.
1.2 This Privacy Notice tells you who we are, how we collect, share and use information which identifies you (“personal data”) and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notices applies to personal information that we collect through our website at www.schoolanalytics.co.uk/ (“Website”), but also to other personal information that you may provide to us when we provide you with our services.
1.3 Please do take a moment to read this Privacy notice. While dealing with us, we will ask you to provide us with detailed personal information relating to your existing circumstances, your financial situation and, in some cases, your health and family health history (“personal data”). This Privacy Notice is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with your personal data, and the various rights you have in relation to this personal data.
1.4 If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
1.3 This policy was last updated in February 2020
2. What do we mean by “Personal Data”?
Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Your Personal Data may identify you directly, for example your name, address or date or birth. Your Personal Data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation or your employer’s name.
3. How School Analytics Ltd will deal with your Personal Data
3.1. When we speak with you about support or data management requirements, we do so on the basis that both parties are entering a contract for the supply of services. To perform that contract, and to arrange the services you require, we have the right to use your Personal Data for the purposes detailed below:
- Processing of any requests for training or support
- Process your order
- Email you with newsletter, offers and event news
3.2 We have the right to use your Personal Data, provided it is in our legitimate business interest to do so and your rights are not affected, either during initial discussions with you or when the contract between us has come to an end for whatever reason.
3.3 On occasion, we will use your Personal data for contractual responsibilities, or for wider compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we might be subject. In such circumstances, we would be processing your Personal Data to meet a legal, compliance or other regulatory obligation to which we are subject to.
4. How does School Analytics Ltd collect your Personal Data?
We will collect and record your Personal Data from a variety of sources, but mainly directly from you. You will usually provide information during our initial contact or conversations with you to establish your needs and preferences in relation to our managed services. You will provide information to us verbally and in writing, including email. We will also collect personal data provided by you when you sign up for online courses at http://courses.simstraining.net
If you order training or consultancy from our website, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
5. When you order online from us
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
6. What happens to your Personal Data when it is disclosed to us?
6.1 In the course of handling your Personal Data, we will:
- Record and store your Personal Data in our paper files, mobile devices, and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, servers and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our Firm and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service
- Use your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to any manged services, or to inform you of any developments in relation to those services and/or polices of which we might become aware
7. How will School Analytics Ltd share your Personal Data?
7.1 School Analytics will not share your data with anyone.
7.2 Vsitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
7.3 We do not envisage that the performance by us of our service will involve your Personal Data being transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
8. Your Personal Data Security and Retention
8.1 Your privacy is important to us and we will keep your Personal Data secure following our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
8.2 We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted.
8.3 Your Personal Data will be retained by us either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of six years, or in instances whereby we have legal right to such information we will retain records indefinitely.
8.4 If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
8.5 For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
9. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
9.1 You can:
- request copies of your Personal Data that is under our control
- ask us to further explain how we use your Personal Data
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- ask us to send an electronic copy of your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
- change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
10. How to Contact Us
10.1 If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or wish to make contact to exercise any of your rights set out within please contact:
Data Controller, 26 Fearnhead Avenue, Horwich, Bolton BL6 7LJ
email: [email protected]
10.2 If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action it in different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
10.3 You should also contact us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of your Personal Data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own regulatory obligations.
10.4 If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
What Are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
We also use a Facebook Pixel, which allows us to recognise that you have visited our website, and then display adverts to you via the Facebook webpage, Facebook’s partner webpages and via apps
Third party analytics like Google Analytics and the Facebook Pixel are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in many ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information than you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Email: [email protected]
School Analytics Ltd will treat any and all information received confidentially and will only use that information to allow us to deal with your enquiry, with the exception of where the law requires us to disclose it, or where it is necessary to disclose the information to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
If you wish to see the information we hold on you, you are within your rights to make a request.
School Analytics Ltd cannot guarantee that any emails sent to us by you will be received safely. We do not guarantee that emails sent by us to you will be secure.
School Analytics Ltd are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our GDPR Compliance Statement
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we strictly adhere to the provisions of all relevant Data Protection Legislation, including GDPR, ensuring all personal data is handled in line with the principles outlined in the regulation that state:
Personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures
School Analytics Ltd respect our customers’ rights to data privacy and protection and as such we have revised our internal policies, procedures, working practices in order to meet the requirements of the GDPR.
We place a high priority on protecting and managing data in accordance with accepted standards and indeed helping our customers utilise our products and services to the same end.
School Analytics Ltd are committed to compliance with the GDPR as both a processor and controller of personal data and ensure compliance on an ongoing basis.